For Québec residents, two categories of procedures are covered by the RAMQ:
- Artificial insemination services performed by a physician, to a maximum of 9 cycles. Services covered include ovarian stimulation services (excluding in vitro fertilization) performed by a physician specifically in the context of artificial insemination.
- Fertility preservation services before cancer treatment, including:
- Ovulation stimulation
- Egg or ovarian tissue collection
- Sperm or testicular tissue collection
- Freezing and storage of sperm, eggs, ovarian or testicular tissue or embryos for up to five years